To celebrate the seafood of Lyme Bay, the town of Lyme Regis is shining a spotlight on two key ingredients from the sea this summer – Crab and Mackerel, and will be hosting two fantastic festivals with a series of fun and thought-provoking events for all ages.
WHAT’S HAPPENING DURING THE CRAB FESTIVAL?
Crab Feast: An Evening with Mark Hix, Mat Follas and Friends: Wednesday 12th June
Mark Hix and several well-known faces will host a meal at the Marine Theatre on Wednesday 12 June. Tickets will be £20 each and sold through the TIC. The evening will include a three course crab menu. Bibs, buckets and bludgeons will be provided!
A series of fun activities for all the family are also planned, as follows:
• Cooking with crab - a demonstration by Mark Hix at 1pm, June 14th Marine Parade Shelters.
• Guess the weight of the crab set in a block of ice at the Watch House. 50p entry fee for this fun competition – proceeds going to the RNLI. The winner will be presented with a Watch House hamper and a signed copy of the book Fish, etc.
• Crab races for all the family on the beach.
• Look out for Morris crab dancing and a very crabby Punch and Judy!
• Pensioners picnic – featuring crab sandwiches (of course!), deck chairs and a brass band. To be held in the Langmoor Gardens – near the mini golf.
• Catch a crab competition for kids.
• Crab will be featured on the menus around town with a donation being given to a local charity.